Thursday, June 10, 2021
VIDA X Workshop and Pride Celebration — Adult Day
VIDA X stands for Visible, Inclusive, Diverse, Affirming, and Intersectional (X).
VIDA X was established as a way to build equity and understanding of the LGBTQ+ community, as well as discuss and educate on current issues facing the community. It continues to grow to help bring understanding to the larger community and make an impact on the day-to-day lives of LGBTQ+ people through workshops and discussions.
Our two-day conference starts June 10th with workshops geared towards adults and will be virtual. Our “Youth Day” will follow on June 11 which will be in-person at Trickster Cultural Center. We hope to see you there, and please share with your clients, friends, and family! Please contact the LGBTQ+ Center team for any inquiries.
Thursday, June 10, 2021 — Virtual
9:00a — 9:15a — Opening Plenary with Cook County Commissioner Kevin Morrison
9:20a-10:05a — Session One (Choose One Session)
- LGBTQ+ Youth Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) — Bob Pinta, The Pinta Pride Project and Hanna Wright, Kenneth Young Center LGBTQ+ Center
- Best Ways to Support Trans Youth — Nancy Mullen, Youth Outlook, and Jennifer Curtin, Evolution Counseling
- A Primer on Allyship — Justin Koziatek, Human Rights Campaign
10:20a-11:05a — Session Two (Choose One Session)
- Queer Neurodivergent Panel - Krupa Patel, Kenneth Young Center LGBTQ+ Center
- #HireTransNow — Making Policies Affirming - TBA, Chicago Therapy Collective
- Inner-faith Panel on LGBTQ+ Inclusion - Marianne Rogenski & Malaika Khan, Kenneth Young Center LGBTQ+ Center
11:15a-12:00p — Panel on BIPOC LGBTQ+ Youth Mental Health — Pallavi Rudraraju and HRC Youth Ambassadors
All adults and youth are invited to join us for our Pride Celebration happening right after the youth workshops. At 5:30 pm we will kick off with a speech and autographs from Fallon Fox, a trans trailblazer whom Outsports called “the bravest athlete in history” and Pride festivities will ensue with games, music, drag performances, food, discounts at local businesses, community art projects, and helpful resources. The Celebration will be from 6:30pm-9pm so please come by anytime!