You can make a difference today. Volunteer opportunities at KYC include:
- Administrative and Clerical Volunteers assist the business operations staff with a variety of tasks or special projects like bulk mailings, data entry, and administrative projects.
- Board Members define KYC’s mission and direct the strategic plans for the organization. They play a significant role in the success and the future of Kenneth Young Center.
- Friendly Visitors for Adults volunteer directly with clients as companions and friends.
- Home Delivered Meals Drivers deliver hot meals to senior clients once a week over the noon hour, ensuring good nutrition, social contact, and wellness-checks for frail persons home alone.
- Money Management Volunteers help older adults with budgeting, check-writing, or other financial tasks.
- Older Adults Benefit Aides help seniors apply for benefits and fill out applications for SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program).
- Older Adults Case Aides help case managers in our seniors programs with administrative tasks and making phone calls to clients.
- Rehabilitation Service Aides help a few hours each week to talk, interact, and take part in activities in the day program for clients with serious mental illness.
- Special Events Volunteers work on committees to plan and execute fundraising projects and KYC’s 5K Run/Walk.
- The Senior Advisory Council and Committees share their expertise in issues that impact older adults. They are links to the community and give feedback.
Our volunteer opportunities are always changing, with new opportunities available regularly. Please contact our Coordinator of Volunteer Services at [email protected]kennethyoung.org or 847−524−8800 x182 to learn how you can make a difference, change the world, and volunteer!