You can make a difference today. Volunteer opportunities at KYC include:
- Administrative and Clerical Volunteers assist the business operations staff with a variety of tasks or special projects like bulk mailings, data entry, and administrative projects.
- Board Members define KYC’s mission and direct the strategic plans for the organization. They play a significant role in the success and the future of Kenneth Young Center.
- Home Delivered Meals Drivers deliver hot meals to senior clients once a week over the noon hour, ensuring good nutrition, social contact, and wellness-checks for frail persons home alone.
- Older Adults Benefit Aides help seniors apply for benefits and fill out applications for SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program).
- Older Adults Case Aides help case managers in our seniors programs with administrative tasks and making phone calls to clients.
- Rehabilitation Service Aides help a few hours each week to talk, interact, and take part in activities in the day program for clients with serious mental illness.
- Special Events Volunteers work on committees to plan and execute fundraising projects and KYC’s 5K Run/Walk.
- Communities for Positive Youth Development (CPYD) Coalition Members drive positive youth outcomes by supporting the full continuum of care (prevention, early intervention, treatment, and recovery).
- Youth Advisory Council (YAC) Members are high school students who lead impact-focused campaigns to promote positive youth outcomes in our communities.
Our volunteer opportunities are always changing, with new opportunities available regularly. Please contact our Volunteer Services at 847−524−8800 x182 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can make a difference, change the world, and volunteer!