Client Communication: COVID-19 Update
March 17, 2020
Dear Clients and Community,
To safeguard the health of our clients, volunteers, and staff, KYC is continually monitoring recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) as updates on COVID-19 are given. Although offices will remain open, we are taking steps to dramatically decrease the number of clients and staff in our building. We are deep cleaning hard surfaces and frequently touched spaces at all our offices, as well as agency vehicles. We are committed to doing everything we can to maintain support to our clients, while keeping our community safe.
We are postponing all trainings and large group meetings, including programming at our Drop-In Center at Mount Prospect. We are encouraging clients who can receive therapy and wellness checks to do so by phone, and we’re working diligently to find creative solutions to serve our clients who need us most. Our commitment to our community is steadfast and we will remain by your side throughout this unprecedented time.
Be well and stay well. Please look out for one another and yourself. We will get through this together, one day at a time.
March 11, 2020
Dear Valued Client,
Your health and well-being while visiting our facilities is a top priority for Kenneth Young Center (KYC). While the overall risk remains low, we know that national coverage of the coronavirus may have caused concerns.
We want to assure you that we are taking precautions to ensure your safety during your visit. There is no need to cancel any appointments. KYC actively monitors information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).
Cleanliness is a priority at KYC. We have been working closely with the CDC and IDPH and are following recommended safety and infection control processes.
If you are showing symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing or have come in contact with a person that has been identified as being infected with coronavirus, your first step should be to contact your personal doctor.
Per the CDC, stopping transmission through everyday practices is the best way to keep healthy:
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or by coughing into the inside of the elbow. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wash hands before eating, after contact with another person and after contact with public surfaces. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs are spread that way.
- Stay home if you are sick. Avoid contact with other people until you are well.
- See your doctor if you have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing, body aches, or are sneezing or are fatigued.
- Reschedule your appointment to return to KYC when you doctor tells you are well enough.
KYC understands there is a great amount of media attention about the coronavirus. We will continue to monitor as issues arise and will work diligently to effectively maintain operations without putting the health, safety, and well-being of our clients at risk.