You’re ready to be a KYC Superhero. You can’t wait to join in the celebration of the incredible things that our clients, staff, volunteers, and supporters do each day to make our communities healthier and happier. You’ve got the heart and we’ll make sure you have all the tools you need to be a fundraising superhero. Our tips and tricks will make it easy and comfortable to surpass your fundraising goals.
Create Your Fundraising Page
If you haven’t already, you can get started by creating your fundraising page on our 5K website.
- Follow this link: http://kycwalk.everydayhero.do/
- Click on the green Register and Fundraise button
- Create your page — choose a page title, select your fundraising goal, and set your contact and login information
- Don’t forget to upload a picture!
Form Your Team
If you are participating in the 5K as part of a group, create a team page and invite friends and family to join it, too! You have to create your individual 5K page first, then create or join a team to fundraise together.
Share Your Page
Use the blue Share button on your 5K profile or team page to invite friends, family, and your networks to support you in your participation in the Hustle for Health. Don’t forget to include a message along with your page — we’ve got some tips included below to help you get the ball rolling!
Tips and Tricks for Successful Fundraising
- Upload a photo to your 5K Page! Friends and family are more likely to engage with your page if you include a photo.
- Send a personal email message to friends and family. Share YOUR story and why KYC is important to YOU! We’ve got some sample messages below, but don’t be afraid to share using your own words. Not everyone is on social media, so a quick email to your friends and family is a way to include everyone in a low-pressure invitation to support your efforts.
- Share on social media why you support KYC. You never know who might have been touched by KYC’s mission and you could be surprised by a donation from someone you never would have thought to ask.
- Include your donation on your page before you invite others to give. Sometimes all you need is to get the ball rolling! Others will also see that you’re 100% committed to your cause.
- Don’t be afraid to share your page more than once! Don’t let your posts disappear off of your friends’ feeds. Post it a few times to keep it refreshed on your socials, and try posting at different times of day to catch different friends.
- Say thank you! After a friend or family member donates to your page, don’t forget to thank them! Send them a nice note or post your gratitude on social media. They’ll be grateful and you just might encourage others to give, too!
If you’re uncomfortable asking friends and family to give, you’re not alone. It can feel difficult, but every dollar you help us raise makes a big difference to our clients. You can spend more time being nervous about asking than it takes to make your ask — go for it! KYC’s work isn’t possible without you.
If you’re having trouble finding the right words, check out these messages below for inspiration. Include a note along with the link to your page that invites your friends and family to support you in your fundraising goals.
Social Media Posts
Join me as a Kenneth Young Center superhero! I’m raising money to support mental health and older adult services as I participate in the Hustle for Health 5K. Visit my page and give to join me as superheros striving for health in our communities.
From helping older adults live independently to providing crucial mental health services to kids, adults, and families, Kenneth Young Center provides vital services to 15,000 community members a year. Please visit my page and help me reach my fundraising goal for KYC.
In celebration of the clients, staff, volunteers, and supporters who are true local superheroes, I am raising money as part of Kenneth Young Center’s 18th Annual Hustle for Health 5K. Please visit my page and share with friends and family — every dollar helps KYC provide critical services to children, adults, families, and older adults. Thank you in advance for your generosity — together we can change lives!
Dear Friends and Family,
In celebration of the clients, staff, volunteers, and supporters who are true local superheroes, I am raising money for Kenneth Young Center’s 18th Annual Hustle for Health 5K. Kenneth Young Center provides life-changing and life-saving services to over 15,000 community members of all ages. The Hustle for Health raises critically needed funds to support our organization’s greatest needs. Would you help me reach my fundraising goal to support KYC?
Please visit my fundraising page at (include the link to your page). Whether you are able to give, or if you can share my page with others, I greatly appreciate your support!
The work we do is an important part of our community’s health and through you, we change lives and we save lives.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the 5K or KYC, I would love to talk more!
Keep an Eye on Your Progress!
Want to see where you land in the fundraising competition? You can check out our top fundraisers on the leaderboard on our 5K website homepage.
If you’d like to check on your progress towards your goal, you can search for your name using the Support a Friend feature or the search bar on the homepage, or you can sign in to your profile from here.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Previous Article Next Article