Thursday, April 2, 2020
Diagnosis, Assessment, and Treatment Interventions in Eating Disorder Treatment — POSTPONED
This training has been cancelled for April 2nd to protect the health and safety of our community members. Kenneth Young Center is working to notify all mental health professionals who had RSVP’ed to this event. We will provide an update if an alternate date can be confirmed.
Asta Klimaite, LCPC, will lead this training session in which participants will learn to identify and treat eating disorders.
1. Identify diagnostic criteria for eating disorders;
2. Discover the risk factors for eating disorders such as medical concerns;
3. Distinguish assessment areas of eating disorders;
4. Recognize stages of chance and use motivational interviewing to help patients change;
5. Reduce and treat symptomatology of eating disorders using newest treatment modalities;
6. Develop treatment insights into special populations such as groups and adolescents;
7. Present one practical case during the training to demonstrate materials learned.
5 CEU’s available for LPC / LCPC / LCSW / LSW / MFT / LMFT & CADC (pending).
The cost for non-KYC staff to attend this training is $30. KYC Staff can attend at no cost. Light snacks will be provided.
Please contact Kristen with questions or updates.
Date: April 2nd, 2020 POSTPONED
Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM POSTPONED
Where: Kenneth Young Center’s Community Room
Kenneth Young Center — Community Room
1001 Rohlwing Road
Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007
Click here to view the flyer in a new window.