The Fish Philosophy
- Find creative ways to make your job enjoyable for you and your clients.
- Take the time to celebrate as a team.
- Bring something to work that gives you joy and share with others.
- Find the humor in a tense situation or use humor as a tool to alleviate stress in others.
Make Their Day
- Make a conscious effort to jump in and offer help to your coworkers.
- Find small ways to make someone’s day.
- Take an interest in others and bring something to share like an article or image that you think might interest an employee or client.
- Give a genuine “Thank you!”
- Practice acknowledging those who impact your life.
- Focus on being fully present while at work and making yourself accessible to coworkers.
- Take time to recognize that clients and coworkers are unique individuals with their own personal needs and feelings.
- Make an effort to notice other people’s hard work.
- Look to yourself to make the changes you want.
Choose Your Attitude
- Make serving difficult clients into a challenge.
- Consciously choose your attitude, especially in difficult situations.
- Choose who you want to “be” at work, and don’t let outside circumstances dictate who you’re going to be.
- Focus on situations or people from whom you usually don’t get a good reaction. Forget about their reactions, and concentrate on being who you’re committed to being.